In the recent couple of years, kachi ghani oil has become all the rage. The supermarkets that used to have racks filled with refined oils now have a separate section for kachi ghani oil or cold-pressed cooking oils.
The health-conscious section of people is willing to try and incorporate these traditional and organic oils into cooking in regular lives.
However, what is kachi ghani oil? Why is everyone talking about it? And how is it different from the regular refined oils?
Keep reading this blog to get all these answers.
Kachi Ghani Cooking Oil - A Quick Guide
Kachi ghani oil is an organic edible oil extracted from handpicked and fresh oilseeds. The oil gets its name from the method used to extract it. The word ‘Ghani’ is synonymous with cold-pressed today. However, it essentially refers to a long cylindrical contraption that was used to extract natural oil in the olden days. It used to be like a wood or stone-based mortar and pestle device that extracted oil with the help of animals like cows or buffalo. It involved no heat or chemicals and extracted pure, organic kachi ghani oil.
Today, the same process happens in a cold-pressed machine. The seeds are picked up from the plant grown in fertile soil and cleaned before extracting the oil through the cold press. It is a chemical-free extraction process that does not involve heating or chemical treatment. Hence, they retain all of their nutrients and health benefits.
There are various oils obtained using the kachi ghani process, such as kachi ghani groundnut oil and kachi ghani peanut oil. The most commonly used kachi ghani oil is kachi ghani mustard oil.
Benefits of Using Kachi Ghani Oil
Kachi ghani oils have a smoke point higher than oils obtained from other processes. The health benefits of kachi ghani oil are innumerable, be it keeping your skin healthy, maintaining your hair health, or providing relief from common cold and cough.
- Kachi ghani oil is a rich source of monounsaturated fatty acids and polyunsaturated fats like Omega-3 fatty acid and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). These essential fatty acids help reduce “bad” LDL cholesterol and increase “good” HDL cholesterol in the blood, thus reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Omega-3 fatty acids in kachi ghani oil help in reducing inflammation, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels.
- It contains phytosterols (plant sterols) that may help reduce the risk for certain cancers and cardiovascular diseases.
- The oil contains vitamin E, which helps in slowing down the aging process. It can help promote healthy skin by moisturizing dry skin from within and preventing wrinkles from forming on the surface.
- Cold-pressed kachi ghani oils are generally rich in minerals like phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, and potassium. These minerals help to keep the bones healthy and strong.
- It retains antifungal and antibacterial properties that help fight against harmful germs in the body.
- Kachi ghani mustard oil is best for massaging the scalp as it helps to grow hair longer and stronger by nourishing the roots of hair follicles. It helps reduce dandruff on the scalp. It also prevents premature graying of hair by increasing the melanin content in your hair follicles.
- Kachi ghani mustard oil contains antioxidants like beta carotene and vitamin E, which fight free radicals in our body and strengthen our immune system by making it more resistant to diseases.
- Its antimicrobial properties help fight against food poisoning. The consumption of this oil helps maintain a healthy stomach by improving digestion and treating constipation problems.
Incorporate kachi ghani oil in limited quantities in your daily food habits and enjoy its health benefits.
Visit Simply Organics and purchase the best-quality kachi ghani oils from our shop.